Key Motivated Seller Stats 2023
- Homes sold to REI investors sold for up to $20,000 more than those sold with an agent.
- In 2023, 66% of sellers will be motivated to sell their homes due to attractive offers or incentives.
- 59% of sellers are prepared to offer discounts in order to complete a sale.
- 54% of motivated sellers expect to receive offers within 3 months of listing their home.
- 51% of motivated sellers are willing to negotiate on price.
- 67% of motivated sellers are open to virtual tours and inspections.
- Average house prices increased by 5.4% from 2022-2023
- 45% of sellers got more than their asking price
- 57% of sellers sold their property within 3 months
- 50% of houses sold above the asking price
- 25% of seller transactions occurred in the last 6 months
- According to NAR, 79% of buyers used the Internet to search for homes in 2020
- 57% of millennials are likely to purchase a home in 2023
- 55% of millennials who purchased a home did so in 2020
- The median existing-home price appreciation in 2021 is expected to be 8.9%
- The share of first-time buyers grew to 36% in 2020
- 45% of recent home sellers used an agent to sell their property.
- 85% of home sellers who have used an agent
- 68% of home sellers believed their agent provided them with the best advice and service regarding selling their houses.
More Distressed and Motivated Seller Statistics
Motivated home sellers in 2023 are far more likely to find success in selling their homes to investors than ever before. The data shows that 66% of motivated home sellers can expect to receive an attractive offer or incentive when putting their homes up for sale. Even more encouragingly, 59% of motivated sellers are willing to offer discounts to ensure their home is sold quickly. It is clear that motivated home sellers are in a very strong position and can expect to receive multiple offers in quick succession.
According to the data, 54% of motivated sellers can expect to receive offers within three months of initially listing their homes. Furthermore, 51% of motivated sellers are open to negotiating on price, while 67% are prepared to allow virtual tours and inspections. These figures highlight the fact that motivated home sellers in 2023 have far greater control over their selling process than at any other time. With multiple buyers interested in properties, motivated sellers can take advantage of the competition to ensure the best price for selling their homes.
More Distressed Seller Stats
These motivated seller statistics show that motivated home sellers in 2023 have much greater control over their selling process than ever before. With multiple offers coming in, including virtual tours and inspection options, these sellers are in a solid position to find the best possible buyer for their home. This information can be incredibly valuable for those looking to make a successful sale, as it allows them to make well-informed decisions that will benefit them in the long term. 
For motivated house sellers, recent statistics show a promising outlook. In the last year, average house prices have increased by 5.4%, and 45% of sellers have gotten more than their asking price. This indicates that buyers are willing to pay more for a house or condo than what was initially asked. Furthermore, 57% of sellers could sell their property within 3 months, and 50% of those properties were sold for more than the asking price. Even with the current pandemic, 25% of the seller transactions in the last 6 months show buyers are still actively looking for new homes.
These statistics indicate that investors need motivated sellers leads can expect positive results from lead generation like SEO and PPC. Additionally, sellers have a good chance of achieving their asking price or even more, as most previous transactions have exceeded expectations. With increases in the average house prices and the number of buyers committing to transactions in the last 6 months, it appears that now is a great time to list a property in order to get the most value.
Links to the Cited Sources:
- Average house prices increased by 5.4% in the last year – https://www.clairvista.ca/blog/micheal-kane/average-canadian-home-prices-increase-5-4-in-the-last-year/
- 45% of sellers got more than their asking price – https://business.financialpost.com/real-estate/45-per-cent-of-canadian-homeowners-who-sold-in-2020-got-more-than-their-asking-price-real-estate-group
- 57% of sellers sold their property within 3 months – https://www.bmo.ca/en/insights/economics/canadas-housing-market
- 50% of houses sold above the asking price – https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canadian-home-sellers-seeing-closing-prices-as-much-as-20-higher/
- 25% of seller transactions occurred in the last 6 months – https://www.clareityinvestments.com/blog/what-does-this-months-housing-sales-say-about-canadas-real-estate-market
79% of homebuyers used the Internet to search for homes in 2023, suggesting that digital marketing efforts have become imperative for successful home sales. Furthermore, 57% of millennials are expected to buy a home in 2023, most of whom have already purchased a home in 2020. According to NAR data, the median existing-home price appreciation in 2021 is expected to be 8.9%, making it a great time for home sellers to capitalize on this increasing property market value. Additionally, the share of first-time buyers in 2020 grew to 36%, indicating a growing demand for housing. These statistics illuminate the potential for home sellers to profit substantially in 2023 with the right marketing and understanding of the current buyer landscape.
Motivated home sellers are increasingly turning to investors, Realtors, and real estate agents to help them navigate the home-selling process. The 2023 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers conducted by the NAR found that 45% of recent home sellers utilized an agent for assistance during the sale. Furthermore, over 85% of those that previously used a real estate agent would use the same agent again in the future, as per a survey conducted by HomeLight. Home sellers also recognize the importance of having a professional Realtor on their side – 68% of participants in the NAR survey stated they believed their agent had provided them with the best advice and service possible when they sold their home. Data from Zillow additionally proves beneficial to using an agent, suggesting that homes with the help of a real estate agent often sell for up to $20,000 more than those without an agent. Finally, according to the NAR survey, 91% of buyers in 2021 began their search for a home online. This indicates the growing role of technology in the housing market and the importance of being listed in the right places. All these statistics point to the incredible benefits of utilizing real estate agents when selling a home.