Real Estate Advertising Stats
- 70% of traffic from billions of long-tail search queries (3+ keywords)
- 78% of real estate searches start with search engines; Google has 75% of search traffic
- 13 billion real estate queries on Google
- Real estate PPC cost per click: $0.50 to $4.00
- Average cost per lead: $30-$50
- 75.4% of homebuyers call after clicking on an ad
- 61.7% of homebuyers convert over the phone after a Google organic search
- 38% of conversions occur over the phone
- Referral conversion rate: 1.3%
- Email conversion rate: 1.4%
- Paid search conversion rate: 1.5%
- Organic search conversion rate: 3.2%
- Real estate average conversion rate: 4.7%; top performers: 12.0%
- Organic and paid search account for 57% of website visitors
- 97% of homebuyers use the internet for house hunting
- 76% of buyers utilize mobile/tablet devices for home searches
- Millennials use mobile devices twice as much as the Silent Generation
- Top software tools: e-signature (83%), comparative market analysis (82%), electronic contracts/forms (80%), multiple listing (79%)
- 41% of firms find keeping up with technology challenging
- 95% of REALTORS® use email daily, 57% use social media apps daily
- 69% of members own a website, usually 5 years old
- Under 1% of homebuyers find new homes through print ads
- Average US Facebook user clicks 11 ads/month
- 72% of Realtors utilize Facebook for business
- 55% of Realtors leverage LinkedIn for business
- 45% of Realtors employ Instagram for business
- 24% of Realtors promote their business on YouTube
- 30%+ Realtors close at least one deal/year due to social media
- Americans spend 90+ minutes daily on Facebook & related platforms
- 96% of Facebook visits occur on smartphones
- 94% of Realtors primarily communicate with clients via text
- 60% of agents value active social media presence highly
- 35% of UK adults trust TV ads, 19% trust newspaper ads, 42% trust print ads, 29% trust search engine ads, 18% trust website ads
- 33% of homebuyers discover purchased homes through agents
- 13% of buyers acquire multi-generational homes
- 75% of millennial sellers are first-time home sellers
- All age groups find real estate agents through referrals
- 49% of homebuyers use yard signs for information
- Homebuyers take 10 weeks to buy, 2 weeks to find an agent
- 44% of buyers rented before purchasing their current home
- Real estate to make up 22% of drone usage by 2020
- Listings with quality photos sell at/above the list price 44% of the time
Real Estate Ads Facts and Statistics
These stats highlight the importance of organic and paid searches in the real estate industry. With 70% of traffic originating from long-tail search queries containing three or more keywords, real estate advertisers must optimize their websites and content for these specific phrases. As 78% of real estate searches begin with search engines, and Google accounts for 75% of that search traffic, it’s evident that focusing on Google search optimization and advertising should be a priority for real estate businesses.
Investing in paid search can be a cost-effective way to generate leads. Google’s 13 billion real estate queries further emphasize the potential audience and reach that real estate advertisers can tap into. Considering the cost per click for real estate, PPC advertising ranges from $0.50 to $4.00, and the average cost per lead is between $30 and $50.
The fact that 75.4% of homebuyers call after clicking on an ad and 61.7% of them convert over the phone following a Google organic search showcases the power of search engines in driving high-quality leads.
38% of conversions occur over the phone, highlighting the importance of providing readily available contact information and focusing on phone call conversions in real estate advertising campaigns.
Comparing the conversion rates of different marketing channels, referrals (1.3%), email (1.4%), and paid search (1.5%) lag behind organic search, which has a conversion rate of 3.2%. The average (CR) conversion rate for the real estate industry is 4.7%, while top-performing businesses achieve rates of 12.0%. This indicates that organic search should be a key real estate marketing strategy component. With organic and paid search accounting for 57% of website visitors, it’s evident that these channels are vital for driving traffic and generating leads in the real estate sector.
More Key Real Estate Advertising Facts
With an average conversion rate of 4.7% and top performers reaching 12.0%, it’s clear that online marketing strategies are essential to the success of real estate businesses. Organic and paid search accounts for 57% of website visitors, highlighting the importance of search engine optimization and advertising in attracting potential clients.
As millennials use mobile devices twice as much as the Silent Generation, targeting this demographic through mobile platforms can be particularly fruitful. 97% of homebuyers use the internet for house hunting, and 76% rely on mobile and tablet devices for their searches. This demonstrates the need for real estate businesses to have mobile-responsive websites and digital marketing strategies optimized for these devices.
The top software tools in the industry, such as e-signature (83%), comparative market analysis (82%), electronic contracts/forms (80%), and multiple listing services (79%), indicate that embracing technology can streamline operations and enhance customer experiences. However, 41% of firms find keeping up with technology challenging, signifying a potential area for growth and improvement.
Communication and social media play crucial roles in real estate advertising, with 95% of REALTORS® using email daily and 57% utilizing social media apps daily. The fact that 69% of members own a website, typically five years old, underscores the value of having a well-maintained and up-to-date online presence.
Traditional print ads are becoming less effective, as under 1% of homebuyers find new homes through this medium. In contrast, the average US Facebook user clicks on 11 ads per month, making social media platforms like Facebook (used by 72% of Realtors), LinkedIn (55%), Instagram (45%), and YouTube (24%) increasingly essential channels for real estate advertising. Notably, over 30% of Realtors close at least one deal yearly due to their social media efforts.